The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic has brought drastic changes in the way we work and companies accomplish their projects. Be it an SME or a large enterprise, every company under the sun has hit hard due to social distancing and lockdown-like situations. Many startups and established organizations face a cash crunch worldwide amid a recessionary economy. As we are still struggling against the pandemic, it is imperative for companies to conserve cash.
Companies, irrespective of their size and scale, prefer temporary or project-based hiring to save money. HR consultants are of opinion that demand for temporary hiring may surge as companies would not want to hire employees for the full time in the next 12 to 18 months. Simply put, contractual staffing will become a norm in the Post-COVID era. Let’s dig deep into the reasons why you should focus on contractual hiring for your company.
Major Reasons Why You Should Focus on Contractual Staffing in Post-COVID?
- Higher Flexibility and Scalability- A flexi-workforce is highly scalable as you can easily scale up your team to meet the growing business demands. It is particularly important to face the post-COVID era when the economy will get revived gradually.
- Cost-effective Option-Hiring staff on a contract basis can assist you to reduce recruitment and turnover costs while avoiding any bad hires. Some reputed placement agencies also offer the facility to hire a temp to perm option.
- Regulatory Compliance-It is easy to manage the requirements of labor laws, minimum daily wages, and other prevalent standards for the workforce with contractual hiring. Legal and regulatory compliance is one of the biggest benefits of temporary staffing.
- Hassle-free Process-The hiring agency takes care of finding talented resources and arranging interviews. Be it short-term project-related hiring or hiring of consultants to get the expert with specific skills, contractual staffing services are always useful.
- Smooth Onboarding- Most placement agencies conduct hiring and training processes, As a result, you can expect a smooth onboarding of the contractual staff. What’s more, all these hirings have legal compliance.
- Save on Perks- For contractual staff, there is no need to give perks including health insurance and provident fund (PF). In a way, companies can save money that they cannot save in the case of permanent employees.
Legal, finance, and IT sectors are a few of the noteworthy sectors that are looking for contractual hires between 6-12 months period. Some companies also hire medical professionals on a contractual basis to provide psychological and medical assistance to their employees in this turbulent time. We can certainly expect this trend to continue for the coming years.
There is no exaggeration in mentioning that contractual staffing has gained ground recently like never before. All thanks to the flexibility, volatile market conditions, cost-effectiveness, and changing socio-economic situation, companies have to focus on contractual staffing in the post-COVID era. Contractual or temporary staffing solutions not only assist companies to build the required workforce but also remove hurdles and additional expenditure in hiring the staff.
Upman Placements is one of the most reputed and renowned contractual hiring companies in India. We offer cost-effective and efficient contract staffing services to various organizations. Our reliable temporary staffing solutions bring flexibility and increase productivity while keeping you free from any regulatory hurdles. If you want to know more about our range of placement services, simply send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you soon!